The restaurant offer in the town of Lopar is exceptionally rich: fifty restaurants, taverns, konobas and pizzerias offer a rich selection of fish, meat and vegetarian specialties. The restaurants mostly offer healthy food, especially fish and organically grown vegetables from local vegetable gardens, the quality of which has been traditionally nurtured. Moreover, the people of Lopar are always happy to offer local potatoes and tomatoes of characteristic taste and supreme quality, grown on the local soil, perfect for growing such cultures. Especially proud of this, restaurants and tourist workers can assure their guests that they will enjoy only high-quality food and supreme-quality service in their establishments.
OCTOPUS FROM UNDER THE PEKA (BAKING LID)
-4-5 kg of octopus from Lopar aquatorium
-2-3 kg of Lopar potatoes
-2 dcl of olive oil
Bake about 2 h on a quiet fire using holm oak for firewood.
- 500 g flour
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 dcl milk
- 50 g raisins
- 20 g yeast
- some lemon
- some rakija (local spirit)
Mix the ingredients using a wooden spoon. Let the dough leaven, form small balls using your hands or a spoon, fry in oil and sprinkle with sugar.
- put the freshly picked, ripe fruit on a mesh and dry in a sunny and airy place
- turn around as needed (each 1-2 days)
- after 5-6 days, when figs have dried, boil some sea water and briefly dip the figs in the water
- string the washed and dried figs and bay leaves or keep them in a cardboard box